Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mana shield bug
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volker_Kaudah
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Mana shield bug Reply with quote

hi labiri,

i´ve found out a new bug. It´s not that bad but i think you could "repair" this fault in the upcoming version.

My mana shield is on lvl 9 and is meant to drain 33 mana points from my mage (so it´s said in the spellbook).

But it uses 55 points of mana instead of the written 33 points. I hope you´ll fix this bug Smile

MfG Volker

In memory of "Mr. Nice Guy"
GANGI@
Hell's Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

IT's not a bug because when you cast manaschield, you also cast a Healing spell so that's why you spent more mana

That is just to avoid using less life bug with manschield on Smile

See ya on net
Moon
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

i think its coz u get healed by using manashield so healing + manashield cost is used. so the low hp + manashield bug was fixed Smile

but sometimes i get damage to life when i use manashield. could this be fixed?^^
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Moon wrote:

but sometimes i get damage to life when i use manashield. could this be fixed?^^

Fix it please?^^
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Yes, as Gangia pointed out, you have to add the mana cost for healing. It is just a matter of book's display, I will try to fix it.
And regarding the damage to life, I never heard about it: please tell me when it happen and the circumstances, so I can repeat the error to spot out the bug.
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

if circumstances is that what i think: it happend often while i expd in hell/church. some days ago my friend and I played in hell/cave and he got dmg to life.
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Moon wrote:
if circumstances is that what i think: it happend often while i expd in hell/church. some days ago my friend and I played in hell/cave and he got dmg to life.

I think that might be me Very Happy (I got damage while I was exp-ing with Moon in caves), so maybe you mean me Moon Smile

Labiri, I was wielding a mini-mage setup with a shield, no fast block, high ac and got hit by a 'Flayer One', which drained half of my life, eventhough Ms was on and mana was well above 500 ( I had just drunken a pot). It has happened only once to me, but I'm 100% sure that it exists, only not sure exactly what causes this bug. I don't know if this is of help to you, but all you players which decide to xp in hell/caves, just keep your distance from monsters and have 400+ ac to avoid this bug happening and possibly killing you (which could be bad if you're exping lvl 45+ due to xp loss at death by monster).

Regards, Endu aka Hariel
Moon
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

as i already said, this bug is also in dungeon. and yes, i meand u hariel Smile i waerd different setups, so low and high ac, bow or neversaw + adrias. i think it has nothing to do with the setup or only with some items?
wurst-griller
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

hi there !

by the way, i found out another bug ...

i noticed it in dlvls 5 to 8 at exping my char. when i teleport there (i am a mage), i saw, that sometimes the char teleports like exactly onto or into an enemy. dont worry you'll think - but, when this happens and you try to kill the monster you teleported onto/into, you cant kill it. first you have to go 1-2 step away from it(or teleport away from it) so you can kill it.

THX for your notice,

cu in hell Cool Birra
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

wurst-griller, as far as I can remember this bug you describe happened also in classic 1.07, so it has probably nothing to do with the mod itself.

And for the mana shield glith - I dont quite follow you guys here. Did the hp loss occured while ms was still active or was it caused by exact the same hit wich cancelled ms?
Moon
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

i think it wasn the hit which cancelled ms. i got hitted so often and my mana is always full. in hell/church i get low dmg so ita quite impossible Wink i think theres an bug.
wurst-griller
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

@ tan_gonarro=bh=:

why should a bug, which happened in classic 1.07 and stil happens in rex nothing have to do with rex, when it stil appears in rex ?!? lol

well it seams that this bug was cleared out in d1classic 1.09?!? ...(i think so...)

man, pls better think about the words you write, sry...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cu in hell Cool Birra
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

If you put it this way - right, I see your point. But it was not what I meant. By saying it has nothing to do with the mod itself I meant this bug is an original game bug and NOT rebirth specific bug. Ofcourse it affects rebirth - no doubt about that, but since the mod is based upon 1.07 patch, also many other 1.07 bugs affect it as well. There is just no need to point them all out as issues for Labiri to fix, cause he is not the one responsible for them. Am I clear enough now?
wurst-griller
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

yes man, that was much better Smile
Grifis
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

It happened twice that my MS was on and enemies damaged life instead of mana... I noticed that in both cases i had casted Mana Shield while the game was still loading the level; I right-clicked seveal times during the loading screen and continued until it finished. The mage casted mana shield but it actually didn't work; casting it a second time brought things back to normal.
Maybe that's when this bug occurs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: