Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Update Suggestions (Specific Ideas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

there names?
and they aint shitty
plus volker made up sick stats for carpace
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Zenda wrote:

So all a rogue needs for a duel is a shield and some elemental melee weapon? Why do players even bother with warriors then?

This is not so simple. The shield must have fast block (without fb rogue is a dead meat in 3 hits) and the elemental damage must be huge - in classic only shaefer will do. Then some gold jewelery and boost to hp is needed as well. And why bother? Some people just like to play warrors Wink

Zenda wrote:
I'm not so sure a meleeing rogue can keep a warrior in block-lock, though. Unless we are talking about a non-hasted warrior, but I assume everyone is hasted in duels.

Your assumption is correct. Due to low attack speed and lag/desync issues rogue would be unable to keep warrior block- locked in melee, but even preventing 50% of his attacks is more than enough to get upper hand in this fight.

Zenda wrote:
However, if that is the problem, why not give both a sword with elemental damage AND high tohit? That way, the warrior would usually win because he is faster and has more life. One reason is as good as the other, imo, and it would teach those rogues to stick with bows.

Such duels would be very schematic and deadly boring, dont you think?

Zenda wrote:
Talking of arrows, if you all are so doubtfull of elemental melee damage, how about elemental bow damage? Seems to me that this is the real killer in duels. Unlike the melee variant, this elemental damage does use normal (dex based) tohit, gives an additional 7 or 9 attacks (depending on being lightning or fire) instead of one, and adds the rogue's base damage to all hits. One arrow from a decent rogue could easily decide a duel, I think.

In theory, yes. But elemental damage on arrows work slightly different than on melee weapons in PvP. Multiplied hits are only applied when the arrow actually *hits* target, but succesful shield block cancels this effect. Moreover - when arrow is blocked, the graphical effect of elemental damage is not applied to te square where target stands, but to the adjacent one, resulting in no elemental damage dealt to the target at all. Rather useless technique as you can see.
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

if so dont shit all over urself....
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Arty~ wrote:
Leviathan -

faster hit recovery
40-50 defence added(varies)
40-50 str (varies)
10-15 vit(varies)

armoured plate

now i know what you said but this armor is all about high defence and str SiSi
hope you like it..

Mid-class item...Accepted
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

WOO thats all i gotta say
Darth Cid
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Came up with idea inspired by the game Starcraft which like Diablo is from Blizzard Entertainment.

Photon Cannon

Item: Viking's Bow

Fastest Attack Speed

2-10 Thunder Comets

No Requirements

Low Duralibility: 10
perfectstranger
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Darth Cid wrote:
Came up with idea inspired by the game Starcraft which like Diablo is from Blizzard Entertainment.

Photon Cannon

Item: Viking's Bow

Fastest Attack Speed

2-10 Thunder Comets

No Requirements

Low Duralibility: 10

If I recall correctly bows dont have Fastest atack speed, just Normal and fast, so the bow would be just like "the jaguar" with fire dmg instead of comets and plus to hit and dmg.

A personal idea, cursed iten:

Cut Trought "Blade"

+75 damage (80 -87)
fastest atack speed
stealth mode 20%
+30 dex
- 15-20 vitality
Constantly looses hit points
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Good one that blade Smile
Volker_Kaudah
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

what about my gladiatorīs bane deep???

THE GLADIATORS BANE

type : demoniacal armor
base armor class +75-135
+6 fire hit dmg
increased magic find
+5-20 dex
+5-25 str
-5- -30 magic
-5- -15 vita

you didnt write a single thing about itīs beeing accepted or not!

plz look it up and tell me your opinion.

MfG Volker

In memory of "Mr. Nice Guy"
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Volker_Kaudah wrote:

THE GLADIATORS BANE

base armor class +75-135
+6 fire hit dmg
increased magic find
+5-20 dex
+5-25 str
-5- -30 magic
-5- -15 vita

MfG Volker

Sorry, i lost that one ^^'

could be good, it has pros and cons...Maybe "1-6 fire damage" instead of "6" Smile
perfectstranger
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Volker_Kaudah wrote:

THE GLADIATORS BANE

base armor class +75-135
+6 fire hit dmg
increased magic find
+5-20 dex
+5-25 str
-5- -30 magic
-5- -15 vita

MfG Volker

Im not ~DeeP~ but I'm 99% sure the maximun number of "Afixes" on a unic is 6, since yours have 7 it would take a new base item whit built in ac 75-135. Just a thougth =)
Zenda
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hello Tan_Gonarro,

"The shield must have fast block (without fb rogue is a dead meat in 3 hits) and the elemental damage must be huge - in classic only shaefer will do. Then some gold jewelery and boost to hp is needed as well."

I thought the idea was that the continual damage would eventually kill the victim, even if it was just a little? And if being able to interrupt your opponent some 50% of the time is enough, with a setup like that, why the big problem with extra tohit on a weapon with fire damage? If perfect block is needed to duel, sufficient tohit surely is too?

" the graphical effect of elemental damage is not applied to te square where target stands"

Usually, this dislocation only occurs when the arrow was stopped by something it couldn't pass, like walls. If the target attempts to block, and is standing still, the damage will always hit the right spot.

"Rather useless technique as you can see."

Well, like in the melee situation, the target does have to stand still to block and avoid getting damaged. And even when the victim blocks, there is a chance that the same arrow will hit on a second attempt, because it will continue its flight and keep on checking for possible targets. This is even more likely to occur with slower arrows. So, a younger rogue with an elemental bow, preferably speedy, and plenty of tohit (something like The Jaguar in Rebirth), should be pretty dangerous in a duel.

Regarding my suggestions for lower max tohit and blocking, I think you all should give it some more thought. I'm not saying it was a good idea, but there are other possibilities. Labiri does his best to make a nice mod for PvP, and could do things you can hardly imagine. So, instead of clinging to old customs and tactics, and keep playing like it was Diablo, why not try to think of something new? You can go on suggesting unique items with lots of dex and tohit, but you can also try to change the rules that makes those so important.

Zenda
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Going after Bushido's Pride my suggestion is to make an alternative set Bushido's Legacy for Izu Set:
1. Bushido's Pride (i'd change cth 200-220 and make -30hp, dex away,rest the same)
2. Bushido's Heart (graphic of Overlord's Helm from classic) vs Izu Glance/Angels Gaze/Viking
base item: mask
ac:40
+20all atrb
+15mana
-20% light radius
20%res all

3. Bushido's Honor (graphic Splint Mail from classic) vs Izu Skin
base item: full plate mail
+140-160% ac (it will have less than Izu)
+30-35 all atrb
+30 mana
fastest hit recovery (Cat's Fur has fhr. It can be random for example, once it occurs on arm, second no)

4. Bushido's Spirit (graphic of Empayer Band from classic) vs atros and gold of universe/red giants
+20-40% to hit
+12-20 attrb
adds 10 points of dmg
10%res all

For a sorcceror alternative for archon and jest's stuff:

1. Lazarus Mind: (for example "Lightforge helm" graphic)
base item: crest/crown
+150-180 mana (perf crest got 130)
-1 spell lvl
+10 all atrb
gain more exp

2. Lazarus Protection: (middle armor, the mage will be black;D)
ac:150
-40(50) mag
+10 dex
req 80str

3. Lazarus Death Touch(Hand) (graphic from Lazarus Staff from single player)
+3 all spels (possible? prefix +2 and then +1?)
diamond staff (25ac)
+10-20 mana
-40% light radius (item is cursed)
all res 30-40%

I know this are HIGH lvl, but if u compare stats of items which all use now, they will be simillar (less dmg,but more hp etc)

Last edited by Model on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Great items Model, really :O

4 me all accepted, apart from Lazarus Death Hand (maybe +3 all spells is too much)
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Thx:)
so maybe add some - to Hand, i don't have any idea now because -mag would be too big minus. I'm thinking of sth for a rouge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: