Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Update Suggestions (Specific Ideas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

this idea came to me while facing niggoroth and i took some of the abilities i c on him and put it in this armor

Niggoroth's Cage (Warlord Plate)

Unusual item dmg/defence
defence-250/dmg-75-75
fhr
-10 atrubutes
-50 mana

graphic of armor of gloom (hellfire)
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Too strong... with vendetta a warrior can reach 900 dmg, think about with this armor...
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Damned i don't know what u have put into warr (with vendetta from 1.1 possible;s),but on 1.0 and 1.2 warr can have ~600 dmg with 2xizu,izu plate,viking,myopic and 2x good atro. So with vendetta it is ~650,maybe 700 with perf items,but no way to achieve 900. And i wouldn't use Niggy armor vs rog/mage (-60 mana/20hp, NO WAY!), maybe vs war, but it has to high ac;/. It would be very hard to hit a warr, only 3x gold/uni, astute 200 or Bushido Pride and Angels.
btw. are u afraid of war?:] (with this cast rate u shouldn't be but...;s)
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I was thinking of some classical items. Nice,good looking;p, use full, not so harmfull;p

SCHAEFER'S HAMMER (d1 version)
Damage: 6-11 (base item war hammer)
-100% Damage
Lightning Hit Damage: 1-50
Hit Points: +50
Chance To Hit: +30%
Resist Lightning: 75% MAX
+10% Light Radius

SCHAEFER'S HAMMER (d2 version, modyfied)
base item: war hammer
100-130% damage
+2 damage per Clvl (ppl will exp)
+3 or 4 to Chance to Hit per Clvl
Adds 5-50 lightning damage (50-200 would be nice,but too much;p)
+50 to Life
Fast attack (can be light res 75% instead)

second version would be nice,but very harmfull with some items
x9ss
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

*Please note that i have been up for 45+ hours without sleep and am posting this in a stupor. sorrry if i shound a little/type a lil weird.

Blackstone Bow
Graphic;the bow in the sheild row of this pic near bottom http://www.diablo1.pl/bloodface.jpg (Right Under Shadowfang)
Attribs;
+30 to strength
-20 to dex
+500% damage
-150% cth
Damage 15-30
Slow Attack?

Whatd'ya think? I thought it should represent a powerful but inaccurate weapon because it was originally planned as a primitive bow.

Death's Breath
Graphic; also in above image, the mask next to ReX's izauls glance graphic
Attribs;
+300% Damage
-30 Dex
-30% To All Resists
30 AC
+20 Damage

^Possible Set?

Death's Wrap
Graphic;Horadric Cape
Attribs;
+500% Damage
+35 Damage
40 AC
-30 Damage From Enemies
Drain 1.5 Life Per Second

^More Of Death's Set

Death's Claim
Graphic:
Attribs;
100% Of Mana Transfered To Life
5 AC
Fastest Attack
+15 Damage

^ More Of Death's...

Death's Torture
Graphic;
Attribs;
Drain 0.5 Life Per Second
+20 Damage
+200% Damage
-10% Resists
-75% CTH

^Death's....

Death's Scythe
Graphic;Unsure/Custom Graphic
Base Item; Spear?
Attribs;
2 Handed
12-30 Damage
+600% Damage
-30% All Resists
-35 All Attribs
10 Apoc Charges
Drain 10% Life On Hit

And thats all of deaths set. I would so totally make alot of edits to this if u even thought about it because its just off the top of my head but i think overall the effects;

IM pretty sure some of my effects conflict but this is just rough work. if you think i have a good idea i would gladly post a reworked version when im more awake. and have thought about it more.[/img]

Last edited by x9ss on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bozo
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Well, it's quite harmful, I don't know. Btw, what did you mean with 100% mana transferred to life? if you mean, for example, that with 100 life 100 mana u get 200 life 0 mana, then u have a paradox in your hands, coz one of the items takes the mana down to zero(unless u don't use both at the same time).

About Schaeffer, it would be nice to see it in ReX, coz we have already a version of Sparkin Mail, and it's hard to find something perfect to counter it.
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Interesting idea,but too many ---. U will have no shield, no mana, no res, very low hp and very low cth:)
Against whom u would like to use it? Rogue-no, mage-hell no way, war-no, PvM- go to hell/hell;p. I like Death's Wrap and instead of Blackstone Bow i'd use Laurana (the dmg should be similar). And what do u mean with drain life? That it will goes down every second?Fatal death;]
It should be called Suecide Death. What is the point in having very big dmg, when u won't be able to use it. It's like having a tank in your garagge, but without fuel and ammo:).
The idea of having sth at the cost of sth is good, but u have to think it over one more time and make changes in it.

Edit:
Against Mithril Scale u got storm/haste,Endless Solitude, Faust, Godly Plate of the Whale (has anybody found it?;p)
x9ss
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Sorry about all the ideas lol im workin on the new revised version of it now. i included way too much in there...stupid coffee inspired brainwave. Well atleast im refreshed now. expect this post edited with it once i get back from school 2day.
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

No need to apologize:), but u still got no shield;p, no res (starting from 0% and with Death Set u got -40%!!!), no mana and very low ac;] (rouge with izu and shiled can fight u;]). And i still don't understand draining life (maybe i'm stupid or i miss understand the word o_O) but: u got drain life/sec on items (losing hp? o_O) and then 10%drain life on weapon. If i'm wrong u mean regenarate, but if i'm right no one needs to fight u. Just run and wait 'till your life goes down to 0 Muahahahaha
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

one remark: -xx% resistance is not possible to implement as such affix does not exist in diablo engine. this leaves 'all resistances equal 0' as the only possible option here as there are no other 'cursed' ressistance related affixes in game.
x9ss
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

one question; is spear 1h or 2h? i was thinking the base item for the scythe be a spear. (unusal item damage tho)
also this slightly tweaked version is much better than that mess ^^^ still gonna work on it a bit. btw the 5% life steal means that for every succesful hit u gain 5% of ur max hp back.atleast i think thats how the effect works.

Death's Breath
Graphic; also in above image, the mask next to ReX's izauls glance graphic
Attribs;
+300% Damage
-30 Dex
30 AC

^Possible Set?

Death's Wrap
Graphic;Horadric Cape
Attribs;
+500% Damage
+35 Damage
40 AC
-30 Damage From Enemies
Regenerate Life

^More Of Death's Set

Death's Claim
Graphic:
Attribs;
100% Of Mana Transfered To Life
5 AC
Fastest Attack
+15 Damage
Resists = 0

^ More Of Death's...

Death's Torture
Graphic;
Attribs;
Drain 0.5 Life Per Second
+20 Damage
+100% Damage
-75% CTH

^Death's....

Death's Scythe
Graphic;Unsure/Custom Graphic
Base Item; Spear?
Attribs;
2 Handed????
12-30 Damage
+300% Damage
-35 All Attribs
10 Apoc Charges
Drain 5% Life On Hit
Drain 1 Life Per Second
Unsual Item Damage

Overall Effects;
2h Wep????
12-30 Damage
+1200% Damage
+70 Damage
10 Apoc Charges
Steal 5% Life
Drain 1.5 Life Per Second
Resists = 0
-35 All Attribs
-75% CTH
Fastest Attack
-30 Dex
75 AC
Unsual Item Damage

O and btw if u have any suggestions for tweaks tell me and ill add them.
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Spear is 1h. Still the same:(( U got big dmg, but u won't be able to use it. Low ac, no mana, no res. Sry, i'm too tired now to think, i'll edit tomorow
x9ss
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

i see your point. but because the damage is so high im trying to balance it out. im not sure which to edit =/ but so far i added some AC the total is now 160 AC. Also the wep is now 1h so i might be able to add a sheild. Hmm also just noticed that i didnt make an ammy...I think i should lower the damage bonus and put in some resists. not alot mind you but atleast some. Thoughts?
x9ss
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

How About A Bloodstar/Holy Energy Bow?

Holy Energy Bow
Shoots Holy Arrows (Holy Energy)
Max All Resists
+200% AC

BloodStar Bow
Shoots Hellish Arrows (Blood Stars)
+30 To Damage
+300% Damage

Just thought of this out of the blue when i looked at the cat's tail effect. Thoughts?
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Model, I don't know why I reply such topic.

UNUSUAL ITEM DAMAGE was created to put in WEAPONS, when u put it on ARMORS u create BIG PROBLEM.

Why? 'Cause every %DMG will increase the UNUSUAL ITEM DAMAGE TOO.

Think of a Monk using Vendetta... dmg 700 is quite possible.
Now think of a Warrior using Destinys Sword (10-20) of Haste, Destinys Sword of Whisp, Vendetta, Myopic, Vikings and 2 Good Atrocity. DMG 900 ACHIEVED.

I'm not afraid of Warrior dude, I'm Warrior, and u can have 1 billion of damage, u will not hit me anyway.

But think of a Rogue using such a conf with a METAL RECALL... fast attack, 250% dmg, +mana, more dmg than Cats Wind... would reach something like 700 dmg...

How??? Lets Explain

250%+200% = 450% ok...
Niggoroth's Cage (Warlord Plate) => 75-75
5,5 x 75 = 412,5 => SEE? Only the ARMOR gives 412,5
5,5 x 50 = 275 => Vendetta give much less and yet is powerful, most powerful armor of the game for physic dmg.

I want a duel where a WARRIOR can use his X2 ability, I don't want 432000430 dmg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: