Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copyrights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimpleMan
Disciple

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Copyrights Reply with quote

Quote:
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth is an expansion by Labiri. All right reserved. [...]

How far issit legal? Can u sell modified engine of Diablo for 4E for each copy? Can you have any rights owned since you've created only a part of stuff which Rebirth contains?

I just wonder. I'm not attacking you as I deeply appreciate your work, although I'm a proponent of full frewares.

Regards,
Simple.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hello, thanks for your intervent, that reminds me to upload the "disclaimer" page on the website.

First of all, I want to clarify that I am not selling anything, I just ask for a donation and in change I will offer the chance to test the version before the public opening, and using that money to provide to web space and other stuff related to the project.
All releases will be free and I will not get money for this project, except for donations, wich money will be used for the project itself.

Btw, in his legal FAQs Blizzard says:

Can I do a total conversion of your games?
Yes. We've seen some very polished and fun conversions for our games, and have no problems with total conversions so long as they are for personal use and do not infringe our End User License Agreement included in our games, nor the rights of any other parties including copyrights, trademarks or other rights.

And also:

How does Blizzard feel about StarCraft Total Conversions, or Diablo mods?
We've seen some very polished and fun conversions for our games, and have no problems with total conversions, so long as they are for personal use and do not infringe our End User License Agreement included in our games, nor the rights of any other parties including copyrights, trademarks or other rights.

I must add that Rebirth is to intend as a MOD, and not a real EXPANSION, since IT IS A MOD, but for figuring out the whole work behind, we prefer to call it Expansion, even if it still remain a "big mod" or "total conversion".
Thanks for asking, I'll do a disclaimer page soon.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

And BTW, where did you read the phrase you quoted? Question
SimpleMan
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I do a total conversion of your games?
Yes.

Woot, that's great, I would have never thought that Blizzard had agreed to total conversions.

Quote:
[...] I just ask for a donation and in change I will offer the chance to test the version before the public opening [...]

What is selling if not giving smth in exchange for money? Smile

Quote:
[...] using that money to provide to web space and other stuff related to the project. All releases will be free and I will not get money for this project, except for donations, wich money will be used for the project itself.

I understand that, although why only donors are allowed to play? IMO the more people is testing smth the more bugs is
discovered and the more ideas arise.

Quote:
And BTW, where did you read the phrase you quoted?

Here http://www.diablorebirth.net/index.php?pid=13

Best wishes,
Simple.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

BTW, "Legal Notes" page is now available in the main site.
Thanks again for your interest Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: