Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changed: AntiCheating Chief
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Changed: AntiCheating Chief Reply with quote

I'm going to designate someone who will look after this hot point, so I can focus on modding and creating new stuff.
News will follow soon, I apologize for my bad way to handle this task: I never though to be involved in pursuiting and administrating this kind of situation; also the time is short, I need reinforcements Smile

Last edited by LABiRi on Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Moon
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

gogan is back, he has (like some other polish players as he told us) a dynamic ip (has something to do with their provider i think).
Gogan[EPI]
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

OMFG GUYS WHAT IT THIS ALL ABOUT? O_O

let me tell you the full story from begining

killer[swe] asked me on channel if i have any items for trade, i said yes. we was trading:

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebimg34fh3.jpg

he wasn't very decided

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebimg36hr1.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebimg37kd5.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebimg40io2.jpg

i havent seen the 35/35/30/20 atro he was offering to me

he told he need to think about that trade and he told me to go down, to hell. i went with him (i already though he could try to pk me) we killed some monsters and then i though i better pkill him before he do that with me. So i did it:

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebimg42ri9.jpg
http://img287.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebimg45zp9.jpg

then i left the game. he was whispering me that he know a lot of people and i dont know what im doing etc. in few minutes Kijim_Cam whisped me "give back items to killer". i said i wont do that and i went to ita-1:

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=killapi4.jpg

in few next minutes i was banned. but i have dynamic ip so it didnt affected on me i can still play on rex.

But please tell me guys what is "Gogan Bug exploiting, heavy unfairness."

is it pking? can someone just tell what the hell is going on here? thanks
dest
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

you simply pked and stole items without any reason thats it I guess...

sure, you thought he could do this and that, but if so you can simply leave without doing something and simply say fuck you to that person...^^

Avatar is a Silver Wolf from Secret of Mana 2
Avatar ist ein Silberwolf von Secret of Mana 2
Gogan[EPI]
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

hmm can you read? "Bug exploiting" o_O pk is bug exploiting? and from when pk is illegal? o_O
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

dest wrote:
you simply pked and stole items without any reason thats it I guess...

This is not a reason to be banned. There are no laws/rules/or even guidance criteria which suggest that Pk-ing/Mk-ing + item pickup is illegal. Common sense doesn't applyhere, if Labiri doesn't want people to mkill others, then there should be rules set up for this.

*by the way*, if this was the ONLY reason for Gogan's ban (which I honestly doubt), then you might as well ban Miele (nemesis~bpkd), along with the rest of his clan friends, a few other italians, polish players and brazilians, and also me. Fiskio

dest wrote:
sure, you thought he could do this and that, but if so you can simply leave without doing something and simply say fuck you to that person...^^

He never said "fuck you" to the guy who got pked. He killed him and that's it, no big deal^^

Now, the thing is that Gogan's story is one-sided and very biased. It might be true, might be not. But he showed evidence of what he did and if someone is to go against that, solid proof is needed before banning someone, in my opinion.

Hope this helped, Hariel^^
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Of course I didn't signed Gogan in black list just for pking or mking, but for bug exploiting (charges bug) and my willing was to give an ammonement for this time: gogan always seemed ok to me and these stuff I saw on server's log seemed strange to me, but that's it. Gogan can just stop exploiting bugs and continue to play, I'm ok with this.
Sorry for bad eglish, I just came back from work and I'm little bit tired Triste
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

LABiRi wrote:
Of course I didn't signed Gogan in black list just for pking or mking, but for bug exploiting (charges bug) and my willing was to give an ammonement for this time: gogan always seemed ok to me and these stuff I saw on server's log seemed strange to me, but that's it. Gogan can just stop exploiting bugs and continue to play, I'm ok with this.
Sorry for bad eglish, I just came back from work and I'm little bit tired Triste

What is the server's log, and what stuff did you see on it? I think we would like to know the truth Smile

I'm tired too, going to bed now, I hope I see a reply from you tomorrow Smile

Thx in advance - Hariel
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I just red trough the log file (created by the sevrer) and discovered that Gogan used and admitted to use charges bug, and I also got some screens from players.
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

O_O

one more question - apo was used in game with my char or by my char? it's a bit different...

as I said i never used this bug but i dont say that someone used it in same game with me o_O

if there are screens i want to see them if i can Smile
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

omg... I usually dont let myself to get involvd in threads like that, but I just couldnt hold back this time... What the heck does heavy unfairness exacly mean? That he pked and stolen from a low lvl player? If thats the case, I can give you a whole bunch of guys to ban next in turn. Bah, I dont even have to write any names here - just start with all people posting here: http://www.diablorebirth.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=24 , beginning ofcourse with column moderators... If pking a 3x lvl is considered unfair then how do you call those disgusting screens featuring 2x lvl victims? Homicide? jeez...
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Well, I'm tired of pursuiting cheating or whatever, everything I do seems bad. So, I will designate someone who will look after this, so I can focus on what I can do best --> coding and creating, not pursuiting like police.
News will follow soon.
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

You sound like you were offended. That was not my intention to make you feel so. I have nothing against posting cheaters and exploiters here. On the contrary - Im all the way for it. But there should be a clear difference made between true cheaters/exploiters and people who just had a misfortune to stumble upon some 'knowing important people' person...
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I was not offendend, I just need to move off from this Smile
Btw the question of the unfairness regarded the exploiting of the bug, not the pkilling of someone (I don't know who was pked, I don't care).

Ot: what a bad english I have tonight, eheh. Need some sleep GhGh
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I volunteer my services.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: