Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new patch.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbo2dx
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: The new patch. Reply with quote

What can i say? I've only played it for about an hour and a half and i am pretty amazed with the progress of how this is going. I didn't encounter a single fetus lament in my cave visits! Smile And I encountered new monsters! And i still haven't explored everything yet. Very good work.

For those interested, some screenshots. Updating as i get more shots.

D1 Revivals:
Balrog- Mahtlas
Balrog- Zardvark
Cave Viper- Grefsen
Horned Demon- Mendelevium
Incinerator- Doom Fire (1) (2)

Existing Rebirth Monsters, but new Species
Karma Killer- Tenebrosus
Maldoror- Draugar
Requiem Singer- Debunker

BRAND, SPANKIN NEW Monsters:
Defiled Rats (pretty self-explanatory)
Fleshgrind (2-headed ogre like monster)
Lysaker (4-armed vipers)

New Unique Monsters:
Unique Draugar: Gorestone. His group fires blood stars at you.
Unique Grefsen: Rundgang
Unique Lysaker: Viperflame
Unique Traggoth(?): Blacklodge the Hunter
Unique Yawgmoth: Bronzefist Firestone

New Towners:
Lord Fatmoose and his speech
Mislaid Moose (L.F.'s pet?)

Random Stuff:
-Enchaosers are now Beige colored instead of orange.

so, what does everyone think about the patch? i like it.

Last edited by jimbo2dx on Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: The new patch. Reply with quote

jimbo2dx wrote:

The Wandering Trader, basically similar to Wirt. He wasn't already in 1.0, right? If so, my mistake.

He was. Smile

The patch looks nice, but the game still needs fixes. Anyways, the monsters are more varied now, as it seems. I still need to do a few 13-16 runs : )
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: The new patch. Reply with quote

jimbo2dx wrote:

The Wandering Trader, basically similar to Wirt. He wasn't already in 1.0, right? If so, my mistake.

He was. Smile

The patch looks nice, but the game still needs fixes. Anyways, the monsters are more varied now, as it seems. I still need to do a few 13-16 runs : )
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

There are many other monsters, and I'm still working on totally new ones.
Of course the game still need fixes, but I'm glad to hear a good feedback Smile
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

@jimbo2dx:

man pls tell me how do you make that screenshots ?i tried with "print-screen"-key and put it into paint, but i ever get terrible color-faults with that !

cu in hell Cool Birra
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

if u use print screen the shot is in the Reb game directory, screen01.pcx, just use a tool to make a jpg from it..

ok,about the patch:
- nice that rhinos and vipers and balrog are back, but i think you pump much power to the monsters;] than it was in 1.0
- we talked about the sorccerer's cast rate, than it was to fast. It was a bit to fast, but now it is too slow;/ ( i play with warr and it was hard to kill a mage, but now the cast rate is TOO slow;/)
- is it possible to turn on the ultimate drop instead of mega drop, 'cause now we got some white items and gold on lvl 16;d
- and still the bug on server;/ if u are lvl 48+ no one can get to your games (it is written that you are in a game, but if some one wants to join server says that the game doesn't exist:(( )
jimbo2dx
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

wurst-griller wrote:
@jimbo2dx:

man pls tell me how do you make that screenshots ?i tried with "print-screen"-key and put it into paint, but i ever get terrible color-faults with that !

cu in hell Cool Birra

hit print screen to take screenshots, they will go in the game folder of your Rebirth folder. they should be in the pcx format.

to convert them to something you can host on imageshack for example, and then i converted them with Advanced Batch Converter. really easy to figure out: open your image, then convert to whatever you desire by going to convert. Smile
Gogan[EPI]
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

or just do it with any program wich opens pcx - i use Ifranview for example
Ychiju

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

It gets more interesting with each patch. The best thing about the new patch are the reactivated Incinerators. Muahahahaha
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Ychiju wrote:
It gets more interesting with each patch. The best thing about the new patch are the reactivated Incinerators. Muahahahaha

Reactivated and fixed, man GhGh
Disciple

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

seriously? man, i gotta check that out.

i have a buttload more of screenshots i took and i'll update the first post later Smile
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

jimbo2dx wrote:
seriously? man, i gotta check that out.

i have a buttload more of screenshots i took and i'll update the first post later Smile

Cool, I will move some of them in the Screenshots section of the website, if you don't mind Very Happy
Disciple

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

sure, feel free to do so! Smile

and i took it upon myself to check out if there were actually incinerators. Indeed there are! Known as Doom Fires and are in the caves.

One shooting an elemental at me.
Semi-Incinerator-Madness!

incinerators ftw! updated the first post with some more shots.

Last edited by jimbo2dx on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Moon
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

id would be useful to know with how many frames diablo 1 work. then we have to know how long does a cast takes in 1.1 and a cast takes in 1.0. then maybe therese a frame space so we can change it to the middle ^^
labiri can u post how long a cast took in 1.0 and takes in 1.1 pls?
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

In 1.0 it was 6, now it is 8 (as in classic diablo).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: