Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Update Suggestions (Specific Ideas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Cid
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

This probably won't make it because it's based on another game's weapon, but it's worth a shot:

Masamune

Type: Katana

+20 Dex

-20 Str

Fastest Attack Speed

Increase Magic Find

Two-Handed Weapon

Any fan of the game would know this weapon
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Two Handed? :/

I would make it one handed, so a war could use it to find smtg on 16...

Gilgamesh >>> All, anyway Rulez
Darth Cid
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

One-handed it is, but I was thinking more about Sephiroth when I posted the idea, but yeah Gilgamesh(especially his theme in FFV) FTW!
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Zenda wrote:

I thought the idea was that the continual damage would eventually kill the victim, even if it was just a little?

Just a little is just not enough. Everything weaker than shaefer's can be easily countered by sparking mail. Shaefer is the only option for rogue here, period.

Zenda wrote:
And if being able to interrupt your opponent some 50% of the time is enough, with a setup like that, why the big problem with extra tohit on a weapon with fire damage? If perfect block is needed to duel, sufficient tohit surely is too?

Duels where 2 warriors stand face to face, swinging elemental weapons (or infamous lightforge helms) on eachother until one of them runs out of hit points were popular in early battle net days. But the community is through with it long time ago now. Belive me - no one wants to go back to 1998 again...

Zenda wrote:
Usually, this dislocation only occurs when the arrow was stopped by something it couldn't pass, like walls. If the target attempts to block, and is standing still, the damage will always hit the right spot.

Someone already wrote that before in another thread and I can only repeat it now: less Jarulf's, more practice - you could be quite surprised how this game really works in some aspects... To put it another way - try it first and then we can discuss the elemental arrows phenomenon again.

Zenda wrote:
And even when the victim blocks, there is a chance that the same arrow will hit on a second attempt, because it will continue its flight and keep on checking for possible targets. This is even more likely to occur with slower arrows.

Blocked arrow do not continue anything (well, at least nothing of any interest to neither the shooter nor his target), no matter slow or fast. Its simply gone. Ofourse you dont have to belive just my words on that, but please go and figure it for yourself. In case you had trouble finding a competent crash test dummy for that - just pm me.

Zenda wrote:
So, a younger rogue with an elemental bow, preferably speedy, and plenty of tohit (something like The Jaguar in Rebirth), should be pretty dangerous in a duel

And belive me - she really is... but for rather different reasons than you suspect. And she dont even really need this CTH bonus on bow, as half of her current dex works as additional 'to hit' booster, but Im sure you already know that.

Zenda wrote:
Labiri does his best to make a nice mod for PvP, and could do things you can hardly imagine. So, instead of clinging to old customs and tactics, and keep playing like it was Diablo, why not try to think of something new? You can go on suggesting unique items with lots of dex and tohit, but you can also try to change the rules that makes those so important.

Think about it for a moment... Would you ask a hardcore quake player to stop jumping around all the time and think of something new? Would you tell this to several hundred people gathered on quakeCon? You surely wouldnt... Then why do you want us to change the whole playing style that evolved for almost 10 years now and will surely continue to evolve further? You have missed a point here - a good PvP mod should suit the needs of playing style currently preferred in the community and NOT the other way around. Theres really no need to force any rules changes atm (how would you like to actually make people obey new rules is another question), and if at some point changes will be necessary, then everything will just go this way by itself, naturally, like it always did.

P.S
the mods will probably ban us both soon if we dont stop this OT right now, so I propose we continue via pm's.

EDIT: I ran some extensive tests today, and you were right Zenda. Some elemental arrows are indeed capable of dealing damage to target when blocked. But it seems its possible only when their flight trajectory corsses the target square exact diagonally. So the archer has only 4 good shooting positions - still too few to succesfully use this technique in a fight against moving opponnet. Anyway please accept my apologies on the matter.

Last edited by tan_Gonarro=BH= on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Monk has no block:) Some tried monk with a warr and it wasn't a good idea:) I don't know, give a monk such armor and test him with a good warr and write me effect plz:)

Riddle's Toy:
+50-60 to random stat (only to one)
see with infravision
-10 to rest stats
+10%cth
+/- sth:)

btw. maybe some bonuses for whole set?
for example: +10 dmg,10%cth,10ac,10mana,10hp for Bushidos
+10 all stats, 20 mana, 10%res for Leor etc;d

Last edited by Model on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

dunno if Riddle's toy is possible.

If it is, it would be good.

i know Monk can't block. But vs firemage is highly destructive.
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Model, can I ask u a question?

Do u have a single Gorg?
'Cause u are trying to cr8 a better version of it... it would be undropable... since there isn't base rings with +10 dmg/ac as atrocitys/golden... it would require a NEW TYPE of ring to do that, of course it can be like vikings +10 dmg... but would not have the same effect.

Ok put it this way
10-40 th, 10-20 aa
But 15-20, 25-40 is TOOOOOOO MUCH

It can give a better TH than a cap item like GORG... but since Bushido... I can't talk about anything...
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

No i don't have 'cause rg got 60qlvl and it is very hard or immpossible to find it:)
so compromise: (10)12-20 and 20-40(or 15,but 10 is too big spread;/)
+10 dmg like viking's and new base item(ring) or just using Empayer Band's graphic.
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

ehem, guys can you explain to me how exacly should this Bushido Honor work in game? Or else: when would a warrior *want* to use it? Maybe its my limited imaginaton, but I just cant think of a suitable situation to equipp my warrior with resistance nullifying armor like that. PvM its a clear disaster, not even mention duelling a sorcerer. Melee duels? You had to remove GPOW, Faust and Solitude from the game first or duel polish players only Wink It could be used against bow using rogue, OK. But arent some better armors for this particular case in game already?

Well, there might be one reason to implement this armor, but first you would have to rename it to something like Kamikaze Outfit... GhGh
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Tan_Gonarro, Model is polish and Bushido Armor would be created quite only for polish duellers (war vs war)...

I don't see nothing wrong in that...

Treat it like an useless item, like the majority of uniques you can find on the ground right now Smile
Volker_Kaudah
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

essence of life - unique ring

regenerates users life
5-10 life
1-10 vita

we need some low unique rings Very Happy

EDIT : as skin maybe the gladiators ring from hellfire

In memory of "Mr. Nice Guy"

Last edited by Volker_Kaudah on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Right. Ring of Regha docet Smile
Volker_Kaudah
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Sky Render

base item - katana

1-20 lightning dmg
+30 additional damage
+5-15 all attributes
increased magic find
chain lightning 30 charges

~DeeP~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Volker_Kaudah wrote:
Sky Render

base item - katana

1-20 lightning dmg
+30 additional damage
+5-15 all attributes
increased magic find
chain lightning 30 charges

Yeah, why not.
Volker_Kaudah
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Belials Murderer

base item - spear

+175%-280% dmg
+5-15 all attributes
2-3% mana leech
penetrates targets armor
double dmg to demons

maybe a highclass weapon or too overpowered, i dont know Very Happy

deep say something^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16

Jump to: