Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Update Suggestions (Specific Ideas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I didn't delete a damn thing O_o I don't even know what are you talking about :|

/OT
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Galbraith wrote:

wrong, Jarulf have foresighted this faithlessness:
Quote:

JG, chapter 6.1.6 Fire and Lightning damage on bows:
"(...)
The actual fire and lightning damage will often not hit the same place as the arrow did, meaning one will often escape the extra high damage caused by fire and lightning bows. {blockable?}
(...)"

the point in using JG is to read carefully

Its not about the faith or some common belief. Its about the facts, and facts can only be verified in practice. In-game tests show that the extra damage will only apply when arrow is shot from certain positions (arrow must cross the traget square diagonally and not vertically or horizontally, wich makes only 4 positions avaliable). In this certain case by reading JG (even very carefully) you only learn that something is often possible while by testing it you'll know exacly when. Quite a difference, dont you think?
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

i agree with u in 60%
it is good to test and know better how it works, but ofc Jarulf says already that this occurs, i am not so sure about that directions u wrote here. The difference is: If it would be in JG i dont have to test it, and if someone put that info here I need test it.

point is:

reading Jarulf dont make me more stupid, but it give me some knowledge, u know.
However practicing is always good thing, but still u may be practicing smth without some precious knowledge.

It is bad to say: ppl, stop reading, couse as u see all info u can find there, and later practice it, check if it really works, and so.
The example u wroted before, that someone has already said: "less Jarulf" is missed too, couse that discussion was about some guy who didnt know that arrows have different speeds, and Jarulf is exactly well describing what speed an arrow has, depending on character level, class, or random speed bow.

having data from JG u CAN calculate almost all, just u need to know how use that, and do some maths+statistics.
I mean drops, battles, various chances, equips and more.

btw in Jarulf u got AI srcipts of all monsters so u can even simulate by yourself a game on piece of paper, making a turn-based RPG.

The truth is between:
basing only on knowledge is not enough
basing only on practice is not enough
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Galbraith wrote:
The difference is: If it would be in JG i dont have to test it, and if someone put that info here I need test it.

This kind of approach is totally wrong. You see, you should test everything you read - no matter if it was written by Jarulf himself or just some unknown guy from an internet forum. Dont treat JG like an official scientific book and its author like he was a god or something. Mr. Faria is an oridinary person, like everybody else. And just like every person on the planet he can be mistaken too. If you belive the guide is flawless and totally error free I must dissapont you. Just an example:

Jarul'f Guide 1.62 (latest version), chapter: 2.1.4 Armor Class and To Hit - several figures in second table are wrong, just becouse Jarulf forgot about one suffix wich is possible to spawn together with 'strange' prefix on a weapon.

Ofcourse you shouldnt belive me (I can be wrong afterall), but take your own advice instead: get a piece of paper and do some maths...

And please dont get me wrong here - JG is a truly great source for initial knowledge about game mechanics and theory, but just reading it and assuming everything inside is absolutely correct would be like trying to learn kung-fu from Jacky Chan movies...

Sorry for OT again...
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

tan_Gonarro=BH= wrote:
Jarul'f Guide 1.62 (latest version), chapter: 2.1.4 Armor Class and To Hit - several figures in second table are wrong, just becouse Jarulf forgot about one suffix wich is possible to spawn together with 'strange' prefix on a weapon.

and what suffix do u mean, couse i dont get your view
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Not so fast, Im not going to make it THAT easy for you Wink Theory and practice - remember? I can give you a lillte hint though: check the max CTH values given for every class in the last column of the table I mentioned before. Then take a piece of paper and calculate it for yourself. Compare the results and start to wonder...
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

seems that point to u, but as u know "the exception proves the rule" i will remind that the rule is JG is best source of info and has no errors Rulez
and noone is infallible.
possibility to check that there is an error gave me JG as well, due to the JG i can check it in quick way, no by going to Wirt forever.
However i would appreciate when u can write other errors too, if u dont want to spam, make other topic, pls
good luck Fiskio
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Do you really think I will now run through over hundred sixty pages searching for errors and mistakes just to prove something to a person who do not want to be proved at all? You must be nuts. The above was just an example that the guide is not perfect and *can* contain erroneous information. And its up to the readers to verify it. But if its not enough for you then 10 other examples wouldnt make any difference either. If you prefer the blue pill, then fine - its your choice afterall, but please stop acting like you know all and everything about the game just becouse you read a guide.

I see no point in dicussing this subject in public forum any longer as it has nothing to do with either ReX nor modmaking. But we can continue via PMs if you really want to. moze byc nawet po polskiemu Wink
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

hmm it is not about proving, but just sharing knowledge, u get me wrong
i am not acting like knowing everything i just want to defend the best guide ever created
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

But Im not attacking the guide for god sake! And, yes - it really IS the best diablo guide created by mankind so far. I just cannot express myslef more clearly on the matter. You do not have to defend it either as it can denfend itself well enough. The guide is not a problem and it never was, but the people misusing it are. And saying something like: "I dont have to verifiy somethin becouse it is written in JG" or just quoting some extracts from it as ultimate arguments in any discussion is a clear misuse. Do not treat JG as an excuse for lazyness as this is not the purpose it was created for.
Can we stop this OT now?
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

almost,
quoting JG is not misusing at all, only misusing is when it is tear out from context or missed.
and believe me pple dont have to verify JG, couse if JG would be unreliable we all would know that.
lazyness ? Fiskio
some are lazy to read JG too, they mostly dont like it, and prefering play only.
I think that it may have something to do with maths predispositions Razz
some just like to read and understand, and some not, the way to recognition is not one.
as epistemology teach us there is;
1empirism:
i used elemental bow and i know know how it works
and there is
2rationalism:
i read how elemental bow work, and now i know that.

both are good "the way to know"
but if i.e. some man reads wrong from JG, or not read some chapters the second way is bad.

but it isnt philosophic forum so end of off top Wink

best regards Birra
Raistlin(DM)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

omg...
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Stealer of Souls -

2% life leech and mana leech
Constantly lose hp
80-120% Enchanted Dmg
10-15 Minus hp or mp (Random)

Image of: Stone Crusher Legendary Mallet (Diablo2)

I know i dont play ReX anymore but i will be here to give out idea's and help around with anything you neeed LABiRi.
Razz
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Arty what for? It is most useless item u have developed and it would be 2h i assume?And stop using d2 graphics they SUCK!!!!! It is d1 not d2. D2 destroyes the atmosphere. And why not use the Aghammemnons items? He makes VERY NICE graphics.
http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=showcopyai2.jpg
Are there any perspectives for new version soon? 2weeks,month? half a year?
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Arty, for the sake of god please have mercy on us, man! You already posted 10 item ideas in this thread (most of them beeing just mere copies of d2 uniques/runewords) and now you say you dont even play ReX anymore... Then why the hell are you still producing those useless items here? What the heck are they good for? The last thing this mod needs are tons of crappy uniques, every player will throw away right after identifing them. Spamming the forum for the desperate purpose of having your own items in game (even if no one would ever want to use them) can hardly be considered as help to Labiri or anybody else. You see, I am one of those who are still playing this mod and I would like to have an opportunity to actualy find some really *useful* items. So do most of the active players here. But since you are not one of them now, then why should you even care what the mod will look like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: