Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Update Suggestions (Specific Ideas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Zenda, with all due respect... have you ever participated in a melee duel? I realize its kind of idiotic to ask questions like that to an experienced community memeber, but it really seems like you dont know what you're talking about on this particular subject. Let me try to explain it a different way...
Its like you would play a warrior in classic against a rogue using shield + schaefers hammer - a deadly combination of high cth and lightning damage wich only truly experienced warrior duellers are able survive and not without using some nasty tricks as well. And remember the rogue has lower hp, slower attack speed, much smaller physical damage and lacks critical hit ability...
Now imagine duel of 2 warriors with 300+ th, fast attack speed, both using shaefer's... First physical hit almost for sure determines who the winner is - not much place for tactics or strategy here. And even if there will be no clean physical hit before both opponents close the distance to each other, then the one with higher hp wins - always.
How do you like that? And this is how all melee duels in ReX would look like if weapons with high th + elemental damage would be avaliable. Boring like hell if you ask me...
j3rr0
Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

tan_Gonarro=BH= wrote:
First physical hit almost for sure determines who the winner is

so true
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Chaos Plate -

80%-125% Enchanted Armor
2% mana steal
30-50 STR
6-10 fire damage
Altered DUR

armoured plate

Last edited by Arty~ on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenda
Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hello Tan_Gonarro,

No, I never duelled, and I'm not an experienced community member. I never played this mod, and it has been many years since I played Diablo. I'm just curious from a modders point of view.

In your example with the rogue, isn't it the perfect blocking of the rogue that makes the outcome so sure? If she didn't, the Lightning damage wouldn't help much, is it? And if warriors without perfect block fight eachother, wouldn't the weapon damage be more important as the lightning damage?

Btw, there are some simple things that could prevent these sure outcomes in duels. For example, lowering the maximum chances to block below 100%, or the maximum tohit in PvP below 95%.

Zenda
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Zenda wrote:
For example, lowering the maximum chances to block below 100%, or the maximum tohit in PvP below 95%.

As a experienced warrior, I totally desagree your idea.
Would u make duel be determined by chance?
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Zenda wrote:

No, I never duelled, and I'm not an experienced community member. I never played this mod, and it has been many years since I played Diablo. I'm just curious from a modders point of view.

Somebody who co-produced The Dark must be considerd an experienced member in every diablo community, no matter classic or mod, period. And thats what I meant in first place.

Zenda wrote:
In your example with the rogue, isn't it the perfect blocking of the rogue that makes the outcome so sure? If she didn't, the Lightning damage wouldn't help much, is it?

Perfect blocking is out of debate here - its simply unthinkable that somebody (no matter rogue or warrior) would even fight a melee duel without having perfect block. Such fight will last only about 15 seconds from the moment your opponent realize that your block is less than 100%. No, in my example both players have perfect block, and its rogue's ability to frequently hit opponent's shield (making him block and thus interrupting most of his attacks) while constantly delivering elemental damage to his health that makes the outcome so sure.

Zenda wrote:
And if warriors without perfect block fight eachother, wouldn't the weapon damage be more important as the lightning damage?
Btw, there are some simple things that could prevent these sure outcomes in duels. For example, lowering the maximum chances to block below 100%, or the maximum tohit in PvP below 95%.

Yes, then damage would be ofcourse more important, but for the reasons I wrote ealier such situations just DO NOT HAPPEN among duellers, not unless they are complete beginners or just fight for fun (czech-1 axe duels for example). Introducing a blocking cap under 100% for PvP would be a total disaster as no warrior would stand a chance against bow using rogue (just like it was with random speed arrows ealier in this mod) and every melee duel would turn into some kind of wicked russian roulette, where no player skills but pure luck determines the winner.
Zenda, you should definately start to play some duels. You would begin to see many things in a whole different light...
Zenda
Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hello Tan_Gonarro,

"in my example both players have perfect block, and its rogue's ability to frequently hit opponent's shield (making him block and thus interrupting most of his attacks) while constantly delivering elemental damage to his health that makes the outcome so sure."

So all a rogue needs for a duel is a shield and some elemental melee weapon? Why do players even bother with warriors then?

I'm not so sure a meleeing rogue can keep a warrior in block-lock, though. Unless we are talking about a non-hasted warrior, but I assume everyone is hasted in duels. However, if that is the problem, why not give both a sword with elemental damage AND high tohit? That way, the warrior would usually win because he is faster and has more life. One reason is as good as the other, imo, and it would teach those rogues to stick with bows.

"as no warrior would stand a chance against bow using rogue"

I meant only the blocking chances in melee. Arrows and other spells are handled separately, so you could have different caps (for blocking as well as tohit).

Talking of arrows, if you all are so doubtfull of elemental melee damage, how about elemental bow damage? Seems to me that this is the real killer in duels. Unlike the melee variant, this elemental damage does use normal (dex based) tohit, gives an additional 7 or 9 attacks (depending on being lightning or fire) instead of one, and adds the rogue's base damage to all hits. One arrow from a decent rogue could easily decide a duel, I think.

Zenda
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

1sec DeeP lemme make sum adjustments to it Smile
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

There thats betterrrrr
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

ADVICE : Every armor with + attr +ac% + some fucking shit AND FIRE HIT DAMAGE won't be accepted...Faust works just well with his 30 ac and a little fire damage and fastest attack (in fact useless unless you are italian and you duel in italian way)

Understood? :/
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

k srry
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Infinity - Murder plate

1-2 to all skills
20-36 magic
20-35 mana
magic find

i thought that there should be a plate thats like archon with magic find in it :/ dont know if its any good or not.
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

You can't have EVERYTHING on an item :\

Not accepted.
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Doom Plate

faster hit recovery
40-50 defence added(varies)
40-50 str (varies)
10-15 vit(varies)

MurdeR plate

now i know what you said but this armor is all about high defence and str SiSi
hope you like it..

arkaines valor(diablo1)

Last edited by Arty~ on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Model
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Stop copying shitty d2 items
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: