Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short field report
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achzo
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Short field report Reply with quote

Hi there!
Thx for the great work. I hope that you are understanding this text, because english is not my mother language. (Greetings to all people from Germany Smile )
(btw. grats that you have won the soccer world cup Smile )

First I played the knight; I died a few times because I haven't recognized, that the knight have the standard ability of stone curse. But after a few times played level 1 the show was great ;-) Is ist just a feeling that the knight has a "magic find" chance? In the first level I find always a mass of magic things :o
Now my character is level 7 and i play Level 1 and 2 and it works without dieing and without great problems.

Then I tried to play the Thief. I was surprised that the gameplay is much easyier because of the standard ability and the big damage the thief makes with the bow. The cleaning of the levels works very very fast, nearly a zerg rush with one player ;-)

After that, I tried the magican. ooooohhh ?? 2 monster oponents in level 1 are imune against storm and too hard for beating with the staff. After I tried a few times, the charactar is going worse... "new game -> going down -> new game..." ;-) After that, I tried to give mass of money from the knight to the magican to buy books. Burning more than 100k credits the magican is still character level 2, because i didn't find a speel against the mummys. No way to play there with that speels I have till now, also it's very hard and stresful to alltime switch the spells every few seconds although still level 1 in the dungeons.

Now i don't know what to play, because i don't know how the mod evolves and what i'm playing for. Is it necessary to play all three characters to survive and get better things?

All together: Very much fun to play, although I find it too hard on "normal" and dungeon level 1 for Knight und specially the magican.

What I'm missing is a list of the shrines, because i don't want to cock up my characters Smile)

hf Birra [/quote]
DoTToR_M
Tristram's Son

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

The game is much hard than diablo because is made to increase multiplayer cooperation.
I think to choose a primary class and doing much level with it. After, make a mage to easely find items at level 16 for the primary class.

List of shrines, monsters, items i think will be posted soon.

ps: we win in germany and you be third, you win in 1990 in italy and we be third. Smile
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

DoTToR_M wrote:
The game is much hard than diablo because is made to increase multiplayer cooperation.
I think to choose a primary class and doing much level with it. After, make a mage to easely find items at level 16 for the primary class.

List of shrines, monsters, items i think will be posted soon.

ps: we win in germany and you be third, you win in 1990 in italy and we be third. Smile

Yes I'm working on the website, and soon I'll post data information regardings shrines, stats, items and so on Smile
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Nice documentation! Very Happy

I had luck, my old Diablo-Friends gave me good items at the very beginning, so the first day was just great fun. Now, my rogue has grown to lvl 31 and I am very happy with her.

I play with 2 friends in Hell/Catacombs to gain maximum experience, bcos if we split in the lvl the exp is superior.

Again, LaBiRi thanx for this great game.

greetings,
emo.

P.S: LaBiRi, you remember me? Some time ago I posted a thread in the Forum of The Dark and wanted you to keep working on Rebirth! Now, it's finally finished. Very Happy
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

My 2 cents... It seems this mod is most challenging in the earlier stages of character development, and gets significantly easier after several lvl ups. Beginning is hard - my 1 lvl knight died couple of times before I learned to make proper use of sc skill, but apparently I was able to reach dlvl 16 in first game session, playing quasi ironman style (all dungeon levels cleaned out, no town shopping). My char was lvl 21 then, but with total AC of 60 the poor dude became nothing more than a sitting duck against local undead archer contingent GhGh
Neverthless, I seriously doubt it would be even possible to reach hell in first session, while playing other difficult mods like ME or Abysmal, so maybe Rex difficulty needs to be re-balanced?
One more thing. When I quit Rex, windows desktop stays in diablo resolution (640x480, 256), does anyone else has this problem?
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I use Win XP -> no

Do you have Win98?

P.s. non ho capito un cazzo del resto..
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Emosewa: yes I remember you Smile thanks for your words Wink

tan_Gonarro=BH=: the game is balanced to be quite different in all the cases: sometims you'll have the impression that is easy, sometimes that is impossibile. It depends of tons of variables...I advice you all to play it a long to catch the various tricks and to understand the balance Smile
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Make alone in hell diff lvl 13-16 and you'll see that it's not that easy as you think

For We Have The Will To Power, With Power We Will Kill!
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

LABiRi wrote:

NP, my eternal Master LaBiRi! Very Happy
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

emosewa wrote:
LABiRi wrote:

LOL Rotfl
(Do I own you money? GhGh )
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

->Nemesis

I use XP SP2, and this problem does not occure with other Diablo versions/mods. But when I alt+tab Rebirth during the game everything is going fine - desktop changes to its original resolution, also when I close Rex using task manager there is no problem. It only happens when I exit the game via ingame menu.
I also checked it with win98 on other machine - no problems there.

->LabiRi

Maybe I just got lucky with monster seed and drops (Future Vision in early catacombs, other useful items), but I feel kinda strange wandering in hell with rather weak character. Or maybe its the sc skill that let me get out of some really nasty situations I would otherwise never survive. Are there any monsters immune to it in higher difficulties?
And dont get me wrong here - I like the mod very much, its just that I think the game is too difficult in the begining when compared to the later stages or... maybe too easy later, compared to the beginning Wink

->Anuar

I belive you its tough there, but I was talking about normal. And in normal it was much harder in the beginning than afterwards in cats and caves. And note we are speaking about one game session, so no repeated church runs to improve stats and equpiment.
GANGI@
Hell's Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hi all ^_^

Good impression Gonarro, but think that this mod is created to reach good level of playing in a short time,and that the presuppost is that almost everibody has play Diablo1 for a long time.

Stone skill help a lot a warrior (if used correctly) in the normal level and that has to be because when level grows up warrior will find a hard way instead of rouge or mage that increase more their power within level up.

In the other side this mod is balanced for cooperation i particulary in hell/hell that is the high challenge that a player could reach. Just play it a little and then come back to write down a new impression.

Finally if you like duel, you will notice that all the classes now has the same potencial of win.... instead of d1 where magy was too much power ^_^

Anyway see you on Rex
enjoy

GANGI@ old dueller of Tristram
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

LABiRi wrote:
emosewa wrote:
LABiRi wrote:

LOL Rotfl
(Do I own you money? GhGh )

Not at all Fiskio

I'm just thankful. Clown
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

GANGI@ wrote:
Hi all ^_^
Finally if you like duel, you will notice that all the classes now has the same potencial of win.... instead of d1 where magy was too much power ^_^

Does that mean manashield bug is finally eliminated? I hope you play knight, right? So we can test our skills again Very Happy
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

tan_Gonarro=BH= wrote:
GANGI@ wrote:
Hi all ^_^

Does that mean manashield bug is finally eliminated?

Yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: