Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security improvement: characters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you agree with fixing chars cheating, even if this will format every character? (only this time)
Yes I agree, ReX needs to be safe and I want to play without lamers.
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
No I do not agree, I'm ok in this way.
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 34

LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Security improvement: characters Reply with quote

Hello All,
we discover that is actually possible to import old characters and fuck up all the game, also damaging the gameplay.
I developed a fix that I could apply in next version, and I just want to know your opinion about fixing this, knowing that this fix will format all characters file to everyone (so, everyone will start from lv 1). Note: saving items is possibile thanks to Orgoth The Keepers.

Please vote the poll and make a reply motivating your choose.
Thanks everyone.

Last edited by LABiRi on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Voted for yes.

Legit > All and ReX should be safer than B.net! Rulez
Rarthyr
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I voted yes, get rid of those god damn cheating mother fuckers Muahahahaha
N4p4lm
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Since ppl made a tromendous effort for the last few days regarding exp of their caracters and tons of magic find, starting from 0 is a bit harsh. Theres not such an outstanding number of ppl playing reb that u couldnt handle - so i propse banning ppl with old chars - having them warned before - officially through the serv msg. I also heard u want to exclude the "taxi" option witch is really good i think - not that im makin an offtop, but all issues discussed here are basiclyy down to exping - real game starts after 25-30, and nobody taxis after reaching such levs, coz it simply doesn't make sense - they go alone depending just on their own skill, as u intended them to. So conluding, i suggest that if any changes are to be made - try realeasing patches, instead of making new vers of the game witch will make everyone start from 0 witch is dissapointing and rather annoying. I really don't see a point why i should start a brand new char all over again just because some asshole doesn't respect rules you implied and imported a new char. And tehere's another side, i've heard some guy that imported a char from an earlier ver takl about it - it turns out that importing a char gives u only a substancial char lev advantage - most of your items, if not all, will dissapear - so it's not as easy and tempting as ppl think.
N4p4lm
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

+ my vote is no - i propose ban instead of a total armageddon witch will harm those who play legit also.
-=Sky Von Carstein=-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

No. I know is harsh, but sometimes must do something, napalm, your idea is great and like you i vote no, cause i have lose to many time to level up my chars. Instead of that, let me say. The last decision is up for LABiRi so , we must only need to wait his Final Decision.

Greetings.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

The problem is that the ban is bypassable in some way, and the characters imported from any other versions will damage other characters in the game, making the gameplay very unstable.

I perfectly understand your point of view, but I think that this fix will make things easier and safest for the future.
It's better now after 2 days of game than tomorrow with many days of experience.
Items will be saved in Orgoth, so you just have to make experience from staring levels.
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Well - whatever u decide, u better make it fast - this annoucement has already created quite a fuss - ppl don't know wheather they should play or w8 for the change. It's perfectly understandalbe that ppl hestitate after being informed that all efforts that they made, and all possible short future efforts mey be reduced down to 0. I for one seriously doubt that anyone with a ban would go through the effort of bypassing that - not everyone is a programmer or a haxxor + in adition, we have about 250 ppl playing reb now i think - most of them legit - its not that had to control them with bans ? And since u announced that importing chars can dmg the whole game, knowing that its a small project and all the users are sort of a "reb family" i would venture a guess that they will come to their senses.. Anyway - it's ur call.
Raistlin(DM)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

my vote is no, better ban those lamers now if let them play Smile
monoceror
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hello. My opinion: Ban for players, who hacking. Other players, who stay in justice light, You should stay alive. They hardly work. Bye. Nice day.
Dithrim
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

NO. Why? Just ban them, omg, don't ruin the normal characters (which there are about 230 - 240) for 10 - 20 imported ~~ it's senseless.
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I voted 'yes'. No price is too high when legitimacy is at stake and lets be honest here - those few lvls are no price at all, especially when you keep the items. When is the deadline for this pool?
HeNtai
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Raistlin(DM) wrote:
my vote is no, better ban those lamers now if let them play Smile

AJT! :']

omfg stfu dats Pure Pwnage lol
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Ok, so nothing is going to change in next versions about this.
Thanks everyone for his opinion, it's very important to me to know what you all think.
Plus, I was considering to create a sort of "black list" with diffidated players, so everyone is going to know who is cheating and can avoid him. Will think to this later.

/me comes back to work Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

N4p4lm wrote:
+ my vote is no - i propose ban instead of a total armageddon witch will harm those who play legit also.

Agree, however, I don't care.
---
One thing - if it ever came to fix it in this way - it's better to do this now, not when 1/2 players will be 4x lvl. People will kill you ;p
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: