Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Black List" Idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N4p4lm
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: "Black List" Idea Reply with quote

At the end of the "reset vote" subjcet Labiri proposed cr8ting a black list. I think the iea is gr8 - think about it, not only it gives all gamers the opportunity to go back to long forgotten Diablo 1 "BH/Cheater" battle, but it gives mp gaming a whole new purpose. Ppl who illegally import chars could be the new "evil" u would want to go up against while playing, and mercilessly hunt them down like dogs : d In addition, Labiri could for instance motivate gamers by handing out some small prizes - like, lets say - an original char box visible on the channel for killing someone from the Black List. Since Reb enviroment is kinda small, it's easy to control - we can help cr8 a world we like, and add some of our own ideas for Labiri to consider. In my opinion creating a Black List is worth the effort - give ppl a reason, and they'll move a mountain s;
Rarthyr
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Good idea, make those importers crap their pants hahaha kill them everywhere they go over and over, and Monster kill them and steal their items gogogo.
Demolisher-
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hey ive followed the 3 steps exact im at the main menu and clicking on play ReX but nothings happening i wuz just wondering if any one knows whats going on or if i have to download a patch or something.
Rarthyr
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

don't post it in this area this is about the black list post your replys in the correct topic.
Dithrim
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Yeah u'r right N4p4lm, idea's gr8. Wonder when Labiri will consider it and put it in the game? Let's make a voting maybe?
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

It doesn't require any voting, since I proposed it in the other topic. The related page will be in the website, in the upcoming menu dedicated to "ReX Online".
Contexts are much, time is short, I always do my best Smile
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Perhaps you could also implement a command online so that someone could enter /blacklist to see if a member is on it, or even have the server itself detect this.

However, people can easily get around this just by changing their names, so if possible I think that you should disable name changing.
N4p4lm
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Ye but let's make it official - let's state the prizes and icons for killing someone form the Black List. I also propose expanding the variety of different char boxes, we got PK now, so how about BH(Bounty Hunter) char box, or maybe anyone has some more ideas ?
DoTToR_M
Tristram's Son

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Alamara wrote:
if possible I think that you should disable name changing.

this is out of discussion.
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

N4p4lm wrote:
so how about BH(Bounty Hunter) char box

Uhm, why?

LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

When I ban, I usually detect the ip and ban ip too.
So, I was thinking to put the ip address in the blacklist...perhaps,some of you guys should check if this is in law or if it's denied by any internet's rule..thanks Very Happy
BTW, I think that in the blacklist we can try to delineate a little "lamer profile" to help people recognize them. Just an idea, let's talk about it Rulez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Well, banning should do best I think. If banning keeps them away from the server, that's exactly what everybody wants, isn't it?

Those "evil" converters surely won't multiply, but instead this importing/converting matters should fall out of fashion anyway for various reasons.
This initial rush for Rebirth doesn't prolong for eternity. Smile Most players are informed now or will be informed, and the more ReX is known and comes to a daily routine, the less there should be people with such an utter need of getting to know everything that they do it with the help of converting characters. And then, who wants to be banned? On the other side there may be people who would like to be the evil outlaw on the blacklist.

A blacklist for cheating in general - if it is possible one day - I don't prefer as a good idea either. Nobody can guarantee anything, in a positive or negative way.
N4p4lm
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

emosewa - to know who ask for hlp if PKed ; p then a BH can hunt someone down for a substancial reward ; p
Regarding PK charbox - not everyone wants to be evil, but everyone would lik a original charbox, not necessarily PK charbox ; p

So give your ideas for new charboxes and state proper requirements needed to obtain such.
Alamara
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I think an Ironman Champion one would be pretty cool. I don't know how hard it is in ReX, having not tried yet. But, if it's possible, it would be a pretty cool title to have. =)
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Alamara wrote:
I think an Ironman Champion one would be pretty cool. I don't know how hard it is in ReX, having not tried yet. But, if it's possible, it would be a pretty cool title to have. =)

I can provide an icon for the chat, too Muahahahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: