Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Channels - Poll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we need a public channel for all players?
Yes, everything has to be international on ReX!
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
No, I want to talk only to people which I know!
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Channels - Poll Reply with quote

Hi again!

Read this thread for more information.
I will write down the pros and cons in here. (You can add some, I will edit then!)

Pro

+ The feeling of co-operation within ReX is increased
+ All players can play/talk together without being splitted into several channels
+ Players from countries like Sweden or Russia won't have an empty channel anymore anytime they enter ReX
+ Mates and friens are found easier
+ Special Events on ReX can be announced and organized very easier (which is importan for you, LaBiRi GhGh )
+ You teach yourself in writing english Very Happy Very Happy

Contra

- Some people won't understand everything what is written in those international Channels
- Maybe it will be a kind of chaos if everyone speaks in his foreign language. (This is something I won't do.)

.. sry, I don't see any further points on Contra. Up for new ideas.

Rock on!
Rulez

P.S: I set the poll for 12 days, so vote!

LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Let's vote Smile
I think that's a good idea, but we need to write a sort of "chat behaviour" to prevent a big babel, as Dottor_M said in the other topic GhGh
Tristram's Son

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

vote casted Razz
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Excuse me but what is a babel?

Alamara
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Babel is what English speakers more commonly call Babylon. Although I don't know of this specifically, I'm guessing that there were speakers of many languages that lived in the city, making it confusing to do everyday things.

As for the poll, there's no reason why I can think of to not do this. I'm from the United States and speak only English, and I've been happy hanging around in POL-1 with people that can only partially speak English. While I don't understand a lot of the text, it doesn't bother me because I know that if someone wants to talk to me, he will use the best English that he can.

If not making a single channel, perhaps you could make two or three channels for the countries that have the most players in ReX, namely Italy and Poland.
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Well, that's exactly what I think!

But, LaBiRi, if you don't want my idea with the 2 channels, one for talking and one for gaming you should at least take on international channel imho.

Rulez

emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

LaBiRi, could you please sticky this thread?

LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

emosewa wrote:
LaBiRi, could you please sticky this thread?

Sticked.

BTW, I like the idea, as I said before Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Not bad.. I'd perfer one channel as the starting channel for all, but still keep the possibility of creating private channels, so that you can have a place where you can write in your native language or just hang out with special people.
While most players don't change to an international channel when starting in a national channel (this was tried in regular Diablo), your idea would provide an opportunity to unite the players. Smile
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Ok I managed to make an unique channel, fixing some bugs when logging with bots.
Now we need to make a list of channels to create, so post your ideas about new ones... Wink
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

We want POL-1 back! : D It has many frequent users, but not every of them speaks english so..... Let's make things like they were yesterday : P
Alamara
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Honestly, I think you should make the channel names simpler. We have Rebirth Exp USA-1. ... Just call it ReX USA, or if we go with the international idea, just call it ReX Public or something like that.

Also, I think that clans should be able to apply to have a private channel with ops for themselves. I don't have a clan in Rex myself, but I think that this would be a feature that a lot of people would appreciate.

That's really all the channels that you need, as long as you keep the option to create a private channel for friends and whatnot.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Alamara wrote:
Honestly, I think you should make the channel names simpler. We have Rebirth Exp USA-1. ... Just call it ReX USA, or if we go with the international idea, just call it ReX Public or something like that.

Also, I think that clans should be able to apply to have a private channel with ops for themselves. I don't have a clan in Rex myself, but I think that this would be a feature that a lot of people would appreciate.

That's really all the channels that you need, as long as you keep the option to create a private channel for friends and whatnot.

For this I need to change some strings in client files, so this will happen in next patch.
For now I added countries channel in the channel list. If clans want their channel, there is no problem...everything could be done, just be relaxed Very Happy

Edit: I'm doing further tests and I can handle channels even without patching client files. So I created new channels, please check them and propose changes if needed Wink
Hell's Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Little by little we can create a big comunity that schould be the best thingh i think Wink

I had vote yes of course
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hi again!

Ok, well my ideas for the channels:

- ReX Public (This should be the place where all players start!)
- ReX Gaming (Gaming Coalitions)

.. so that's all I guess. Of course the oppurtinity of making own Channels is needed frequently so it's supposed to stay in my view.
Btw: LaBiRi could you /aop the acc 'Jesus' for Channel iH? Very Happy

Hope to hear from ya soon @ all!

Rulez

/edit: I just entered ReX.net and see all polishs hangin' out in 'their' channel. Ok, np but imho it's senseless to stay there! Join Public Chat for a bigger amount of players, noone's forcing you to speak english!

/2nd edit: I really think you should disable the POL, DEU, CZE or whatever channels. Keep the opportunity to create own channels, but 2 channels (Public & Gaming) are enough! If they don't get the point that all should stick together in this game it's their very own fault!

/3rd edit: Damn, I gotta stop editing my posts all day! ^^ What I mean is: If everyone's splitting in their own channels, we will have the same problem like we have on B.net. Think 'bout it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: