Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Skeleton King

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Langolier
Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: The Skeleton King Reply with quote

I found the Knight-class replacement of Leoric on lvl 4, and I have to say it's the most rediculous piece of crap I have ever come across in anything Diablo related. He spawns skeletons every step he takes. I think I've killed 500 skeletons so far, and I seriously doubt any more items can drop on this level. That is bad news because once this enemy finally dies, there won't be enough room on the level from him to actually drop his loot (127 object limit. Worst idea ever.

Diabolic Psyche - the Site with Diablo on the Brain!
NieSwiety
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I've never had the same problem. He's not that hard to beat without milion-minion-killing.
the Langolier
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Spawning Reply with quote

He wasn't that difficult himself, but the problem was when he went into "spawn mode", he would create a skeleton every step he took. I was playing the thief. I did not have enough damage yet to stun him consistently. No, I haven't used any items from other players because that ruins the game. I had to shoot and retreat so I wouldn't get shreded, which wasn't so bad. The problem was that when he start to follow, the next thing I know there would be 8 skels around him blocking my arrows. They would literally spawn in 1 second. In the time it would take to get back to him, he had often regenerated more life than I had damaged him from before! I mean c'mon. It was just a tedious battle, not very difficult. I really do like the spawning idea - but it's just over the top ATM.

Diabolic Psyche - the Site with Diablo on the Brain!
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

As you play purist, you'll always have this problem although you play with a sorceror. Do as me, do not confront "Leoric", skip lvl 4 and go direct to catacombs, come back after you have power enough to defeat him.

A great thing was putting leoric at lvl 4 instead of lvl 3, you can reach lvl 8 before confronting Leoric.

In other words.: GO CATACOMBS.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Spawning issue will be fixed, thank you for pointing it out.
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

D4mn3d wrote:
As you play purist, you'll always have this problem although you play with a sorceror. Do as me, do not confront "Leoric", skip lvl 4 and go direct to catacombs, come back after you have power enough to defeat him.

A great thing was putting leoric at lvl 4 instead of lvl 3, you can reach lvl 8 before confronting Leoric.

In other words.: GO CATACOMBS.

Uhm... skip dungeons because they're not well balanced? Idiot.

tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

D4mn3d wrote:
As you play purist, you'll always have this problem although you play with a sorceror. ..

Do you suggest a purist character should skip lvl 4 to be able to defeat Leo? This must be a joke of sorts.
Darth Cid
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Skeleton King Reply with quote

the Langolier wrote:
I found the Knight-class replacement of Leoric on lvl 4, and I have to say it's the most rediculous piece of crap I have ever come across in anything Diablo related. He spawns skeletons every step he takes. I think I've killed 500 skeletons so far, and I seriously doubt any more items can drop on this level. That is bad news because once this enemy finally dies, there won't be enough room on the level from him to actually drop his loot (127 object limit. Worst idea ever.

Complaining about the Knight class won't just encourage Labiri to take it off. The most simple way to defeat him is to close the distance and kill him before you kill the skeletons, it's actually the same scenario as it was in the original Diablo up against Leoric, why keep killing what he's going to keep reviving?
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Btw I don't like this dude either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: