Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another BUG Report (Maybe its wanted?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wurst-griller
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Another BUG Report (Maybe its wanted?) Reply with quote

hello you all, hope you are all fine and play REX very well Smile !

Pls let me explain you something very important i noticed :

Last time i was in dlvl 16 with my mage, i tried to kill diablo Muahahahaha , but he was killing me (eheh) Cry !

so i made the old thing "restart in town" and - when i came back down through my t.p., i wondered Look that i could not find one ring and a unique plate i was wearing before dying Fiskio !!

So my question to you all (and especially to labiri perhaps) is: is it wanted in this game, that i loose items when i die through monsters or is this a BUG ? Question

THX here for all answers !!

cu in hell Cool Birra
RaGnArOcK
Hell's Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Obviously, it is not wanted.

It happened to me last week, i lost an archon. Cry

However, this thing happens when there are too many items ON THE GROUND [..the max is 127..]

Hope Labiri will solve this problem. Smile

Last edited by RaGnArOcK on Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Maybe that in lvl 16 was also 127 items on the ground, then when you dying and drop items.. there is no many space.. so PUFF! MaPorc
Gogan
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

yeah i lost wormskull in that way...

maybe the solution is in the way that was in classic diablo - no drops at death on lvl 16?
Fen
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

The solution is to low the drop rate, which is ridiculously high now.
emosewa
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Just pick all items and sell them, this will solve the mentioned problems and also your eventually moneyproblems. Wink

wurst-griller
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: loosing items is a BUG and no item-barrier of 127 ??? Reply with quote

ok guys, heres some important news from me about this...

i played a lan game with a friend - and because we knew of the item-barrier of 127 items /lvl, we took the whole crap to town.
we were down in 16, as a friend lost two unique bows.

clever as i was, i counted ALL items, which lay in 16 and i came on 77 items. (t.p.´s and all other included)

after the items were away, we didnt drop anything else... and believe me, i can count to 77 ! Cool

so this problem can NOT have anything to do with the 127 items/lvl barrier i mean ...

so we hope labiri find a solution for this BUG(!) very soon !

cu in hell Cool Birra
wurst-griller
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

here i want to edit my last post:

as the items were gone, there were not any living monsters left in 16, shall mean that we didn't die when the items were away.
we just dropped the two bows (both unique) to the ground and then they were gone !

can it be that we all only loose UNIQUE items ?

pls check out this point !

cu in hell Cool Birra
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Even if 127 on_the_ground limit is not a direct cause of this bug, the drop rate on lvl 16 really need to be toned down. These crazy drops just ruin the whole game experience. Example:
Imagine a knight. His lvl is around 20 and he has just entered hell. His weapons are quite good (he was lucky enough to find lord's sword with fast attack and also bought a nice paladin's hammer). Well, nothing to be particulary proud of, but fairy enough to deal with all kind of monsters he can met on his way. These were good news, but now for he bad ones... His armor is crap: future vision and glorious mail of stars result in total AC of 80. Good for laughs. Resistances are even worse - tiny amulet of eagle and ocher shield are all that stands between our knight and hordes of bloodthirsty monsters attacking with magic, light and fire. Now imagine him going through hell, moving slowly, watching every step, carefully activating only few monsters at a time, stone cursing everything at sight, switching weapons every few momnets, avoiding to face more than 2 meele attackers at a time, knowing that beeing cornered equals RIP...
Now imagine him finally arrive to lvl 16. Second killed monster drops bovine plate, next few kills result in iron ring of galaxy prince blade of rage and iron amulet. Then around the corner another ring of galaxy drops and beast shield of lion. Character stats: lvl 23, AC 200, 180 CTH, 400 HP, 60% resist all, faster attack, FHR and 24% mana steal... from pathetic cannon fodder he suddenly became a GOD after less than 10 killed monsters...
And now imagine it was your game, your character and your ruined gameplay... This is what happened to me, and this is surely not what Diablo is all about. There is no fun in finding great items, when they lay on the ground around every corner. Worthless crap is all they become instead...

Labiri, think about it and reconsider. Do not take away the fun before it has even started...
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

How do that song?

Just my immagination.. Just my immagination..

Good drop in hell is introducted to invite all player to play and grow quickly, but i think is too much! Items doesn't have real valor here..
Alamara
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
How do that song?

Just my immagination.. Just my immagination..

Good drop in hell is introducted to invite all player to play and grow quickly, but i think is too much! Items doesn't have real valor here..

I agree. The drop rate on 16 is at the point where I'm just leaving magical items behind, which is pretty bad. It should be toned down a lot more.

As for the problem with loss of items at death, this may be because of the total number of items dropped throughout the game. If you played through 1-16 and left a lot of items on the ground, I believe the maximum is somewhere around 1023 items that can be dropped in the game. If this number is exceeded, no more can be. So even though you only had 77 on level 16, you had another 946 in the game elsewhere, including town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: