Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Char
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarBad(SdA)
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Char Reply with quote

Hi

I lost my char on lvl 36 and itens cuz i installed the game on a partition of hd, to evade to lost my saved games when i want to format c: But the worst happens!I format c: and my chars was lost!Even i installing on another partition, my chars and itens be gone...But i still have the files from this games.Can someone tell me how to got my games again? I dont want to dupe/hack/cheat, i just want my chars again...

Please Labiri help me man

thx
Devondar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Its a secret ... we don't know...
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

This is main reason why Labiri should make smth like close BN on d2.
Chars should be keeped on server, and administrator should have main responsibility to maintain it.
There was discussion:
http://www.diablorebirth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=542
to do smth with that, now it is maybe too late, so Labiri should THINK HARD how to transmit every char to server.
Most pple got high levels and they wont to loose their time well invested in developing their chars.
BUT
everyone has sometimes to reinstall/format or change their OS. What then????
It WILL be easier to maintain chars on server, to protect from cheats, scan it and upgread to newer versions of Rebirth.
We are still playing on Public TEST 1.0 ...
Most pple then decided to not do that, couse they had high level (around 40). But it was only the shortsightedness of them and greed. SiSi
Everyone will stand before that problem - reinstall OS or not.., but when smth will crush, all your efforts will be lost..
I am in doubt that there is worth to play game, when u can lost everyhing, without proper backup, and all your time spended here are in vein..
Batter think again about

btw Orgoth bug is annoying.. very
It is not possible to play IMs (creating and deleting chars) and use him properly
Gogan
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

yeah, if it is possible, chars should be stored on server.

when the public test 1.1 will be released? :>
Terrence
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

so if reinstal my OS, i have to name it like previous one?
HeNtai
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

si si ;']

every one need more patients ;'v

omfg stfu dats Pure Pwnage lol
Alamara
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Terrence wrote:
so if reinstal my OS, i have to name it like previous one?

This change hasn't been implemented yet, so it's likely that your characters are lost. Hopefully the new version, complete with a wipe, will be out soon anyway.
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I definitely HATE ppl who talk without knowing a damn thing.

Chars are saved on PC but YOU can't know,for now,where the files are...Pretty simple if the characters aren't on the server.

If you want to save PGs,for different reasons,talk to LaBiRi and explain the problem to him.

P.S : That mix of bullshits (greed of players,blahblah don't remember,shortsightedness) doesn't work,in fact only the Pg level would be affected,not the stuff the pg carries. Plus LaBiRi has an idea of giving to High Level PGs a "created pg" of level 35 or smtg like that.

For now, you CAN'T save pgs,for obvious reasons.
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

~DeeP~ wrote:

Chars are saved on PC but YOU can't know,for now,where the files are...Pretty simple if the characters aren't on the server.

this is pretty clr to all, so calm down, fuck.
~DeeP~ wrote:

If you want to save PGs,for different reasons,talk to LaBiRi and explain the problem to him.

I posted on forum and I am sure Labiri will read that, so there is no reason to speak personally.
~DeeP~ wrote:

P.S : That mix of bullshits (greed of players,blahblah don't remember,shortsightedness) doesn't work,in fact only the Pg level would be affected,not the stuff the pg carries.

so u really dont like when some one tell u the truth about your shorsightedness or what?
~DeeP~ wrote:

Plus LaBiRi has an idea of giving to High Level PGs a "created pg" of level 35 or smtg like that.

this is ofc reserve conclussion
~DeeP~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

never mind,think as you wish :\

Edit : Labiri and testers(I'm one of them) decided not to reset players from testing sessions to public version,and it's not for shortsightening or whatever...We played ReX for 6/7 months,don't you think it's *maybe* fair that we can maintain our pgs?

We couldn't either decide not to exp our pgs,because many things are based on the Char Level...

anyway you're wrong if you intended my post "personally",it wasn't its purpose...

Btw i don't like when people call me "greedy" or "shortsightened" without knowing what stands "behind the scenes"

See ya around.

Last edited by ~DeeP~ on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Calm down ladies GhGh
The "Characters" question is really messed up and confused, so I will try to explain.

We all know that knowing wich files contains the save leads up to cheating in a great percentage of player. Who more, who less, but that's the truth. So we should think "ok, let's hide them".
That's not so simple, infact many legit players need to backup and format their PC without starting all again...so here the situation comes complicated.
I proposed a fix to halve the char-saving-cheating, but it was bad for who plays legit. I should had implemented it before the public release, that's my fault.
Many of you think that the better way is to save them on the server: great idea, but nearly impossibile for a 10 years old game and a non-programmer like me. Unfortunately I never studied informatics and computer science, so I learnt by doing and I hope to go further in this task to improve my skills and obviosly my little creature ReX Smile
Meanwhile, we all need to be patients and hope that common sense will lead people to play legit.

I'm planning to write a little guide on how-to save, or better I will try to make an utility.
Many of you knows already how to save, others not, so you can share the informations, hoping that a legit use of them will be choose.
I trust you guys, please don't betray my trust in you.
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

ppl will play until first "doom gaze"? :( isn't better to prevent than to fight with cheaters?
Quote:
We all know that knowing wich files contains the save leads up to cheating in a great percentage of player. Who more, who less, but that's the truth. So we should think "ok, let's hide them".
That's not so simple, infact many legit players need to backup and format their PC without starting all again...so here the situation comes complicated.

true legit player won't give up... never SiSi
imho, I can play Rex as long as it free from cheaters. GhGh

Ps. Unfortunately, you can already meet a lot of players with duplicate items :/
Morcegao(PAD)
Disciple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Labiri.. dont you have studied science informatics?
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Morcegao(PAD) wrote:
Labiri.. dont you have studied science informatics?

No :(
But I really want to.
Disciple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Labiri i have litle question

I use "REB" on my home & work.... but save from home not work on my work...... i try use HEX editor.... but i fault.... can u tell me, what i need to play, without problems? (change computer name is not work, be cus i can't change this on my job)

thx for help... and sory for my english
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: