Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I think I beat the "Orgoth The Thief" glitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Cid
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: I think I beat the "Orgoth The Thief" glitch Reply with quote

Alright, an explanation, first off, I work how the Orgoth glitch works because when I started a mage, because I realized my knight stragegy stunk, my stuff was gone as the glitch explanation implies...well, weeks later as a mage I started doing a lot of Level 16 raids looking for Jester Items or an Archon(no luck at all so far) all I kept getting were Cat items, so I eventually decided, "Why not mule the Cat items and give them to a thief? Then I can pwn through the game as a thief." so I started a thief and a knight(in case I suddenly started only getting Izual items) now here's where I beat the glitch...I think, I started the characters on a "Modem" game, because I'm dial-up right now(yes, I realize that will discourage anyone from ever joining my games again) and I needed to stay offline, I was waiting on a call. I checked Orgoth as the new characters(and the old character) several times in shock to see that the items are still there, after the call, I dialed-up and gave the new characters accounts on the game server and started new games to check as each of the new characters(and as the old character) even from the game server nothing...so this may be a possible solution(I can't promise it will work all the time, but until Lord LaBiRi can fix the glitch, it may be a good solution) start new characters from a modem game and then give them accounts on the game server, I don't see how there would have such a difference in programming to where the glitch doesn't effect modem game but it worked for me.
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Tis would be nice temporary workaround, but I think that you were just lucky this time. The keeper glitch do not happen every time you start a new char, so its possible to create while on tcp or ipx and still have your stash intact. Maybe you should make some more tests, like start 10-15 new chars and post the results afterwards. The community is counting on you! Smile
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Yes, Gonarro is true, I was about to tell you the same.
Wink
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Well, that's why I say it might be a solution, I dunno for sure, and I have a bunch of stuff I thought I was gonna lose that I don't want to lose. But, yes, that is true, I doubt anyone else would volunteer to test this theory unless it's someone whose Level 50 and can easily get everything back should my theory be wrong, but I figured I'd post a possible-but-I'm-still-not-sure solution to to the thief glitch.
Bozo
Disciple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I'll try testing that. I can ask a friend of mine to hold a game room with all my items on the ground(I know him in real life...he wouldn't dare to steal a thing) and leave only 1 gold in the vault. Then I can test it over and over and if I lose my vault, I'll lose only 1 gold XD. I'll post the results later.
Galbraith
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

dont bother, I tested that before with 1 gold, and to my surprise it wasnt deleted (tried sveral times, when playing, creating and deleting IM chars) however when i got bunch of items it deleted them all the time (i tried on server only). So if u wanna test, put in Orgoth more than just few pots, gold and scrolls, then it will be more reliable.You can take those items from mummies killing on level 1 and putting all that they drop into Orgoth (fast way).
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I guess creating character at battle.net or modem or anything else is the same.
Bozo
Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Well, I tested it with my friend and it worked just fine for me. I renamed my char to put clan on the nickname, I tried leaving many noob items on the vault and doing the same thing again, and again it worked. Just what I didn't test is creating a character in modem with a nickname and create an account with a different nickname for it. It would rename and put the character on the server at the same time, so perhaps it might bug...I'm not sure.
But I wouldn't risk my stuff anyways. Just mule your items when creating/renaming until Labiri says it's safe or fixes this bug.
Gogan[EPI]
Disciple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

is this bug fixed in ver 1.1?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: