Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug with Belphegor?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbo2dx
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Bug with Belphegor? Reply with quote

if someone already mentioned this then i apologize, but i've encountered crashes on Belphegor about 25% of the time when i encountered him.

either:

1. a large amount of whatever skeletons are present like usual, and there is a lit up square on the ground with nothing there (where Belphegor is supposed to be) but when i go by it, the game crashes.
2. the game just crashes after you hear his laugh.
3. he works normally.

basically, sometimes he works fine, and sometimes he doesn't and the game crashes. i wouldn't say this bug is THAT major, and i wanna know if anyone else has had this problem.

thanks. Smile
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

? thts weird nvr happens with me i always crash when i go down a lvl in HELL (ONLY) tp's in hell and pentagram) ? has this happend with anyone else? Question
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Maybe CD is scratched or Diabdat.mpq is corrupted, try another cd in 1st and download diablo again in 2nd (playing without cd)
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

D4mn3d wrote:
Maybe CD is scratched or Diabdat.mpq is corrupted, try another cd in 1st and download diablo again in 2nd (playing without cd)

Downloading Diablo is illegal, buy a new cd.

Both of you must have a scratched Cd, if the game crashes at similar points several times.
Hope this helped, Hariel.
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

You dont have to buy a new CD. All you need to do is create image file from your original Diablo CD and play form the image using virtual CD drive like Daemon Tools or similar software. Daemon Tools is free and can be downloaded here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5
NieSwiety
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Downloading diablo is LEGAL if You have an orginal CD (scratched or not). Thx
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

tan_Gonarro=BH= wrote:
You dont have to buy a new CD. All you need to do is create image file from your original Diablo CD and play form the image using virtual CD drive like Daemon Tools or similar software. Daemon Tools is free and can be downloaded here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Creating an image file from a scratched cd didn't work and doesn't make sense either Wink
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

NieSwiety wrote:
Downloading diablo is LEGAL if You have an orginal CD (scratched or not). Thx

Try explaining that to Blizzard.
Dithrim
Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

It's true. If u got an original CD, you CAN download it or copy it to another CD. You have rights to another copy, if u have original. Even if it's not original. Have u ever read License of Agreement when installing a game?

p.s. would u mind editing posts, not making 2 in a round?
D4mn3d
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Enduro, r u saying that I having ORIGINAL CD-KEY of Starcraft need to BUY another CD if mine happens to scratch?

Instead of downloading or copying it?
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Endurio wrote:
tan_Gonarro=BH= wrote:

Creating an image file from a scratched cd didn't work and doesn't make sense either Wink

It all depends on how badly damgaged the cd really is. In many cases scratched cds only cause problems during gameplay, while is still possible to create correct and working images from them. All in all its free and completey legal, so why do not give it a try?
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

D4mn3d wrote:
Enduro, r u saying that I having ORIGINAL CD-KEY of Starcraft need to BUY another CD if mine happens to scratch?

Instead of downloading or copying it?

Nope, you don't have to buy a new one. It's an option but you don't have to. You could try customer support too.
I'm just saying that downloading something can be seen as illegal even if you have an original Cd, it's the PROCESS that's illegal. You can still do it if you want to, I'm just saying ;P

And tan - Correct, this might depend on how well your drive reads the Cd or how badly it is scrtched. In my case, the drive reading algorithm is very good and the Cd was only lightly scratched - I couldn't create an image, the copying process kept stopping after 50~52%.
That was what I was trying to say^^
Arty~
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Thing is look wht year it is 2006 diablo classic wuz maybe 1996 1995? ive been lookin around for diablo classic nvr finding it so i guess this will just have to do. SiSi
wurst-griller
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

its just simple to find out if cd is bad or scratched or whatever:

just try to make an image from your original cd,

if the copy works without an error - the cd is o.k.,

if you get any error-messages during the copy-process,like "unreadable data" or something like "crc-32 error - data can't be read" then you know that your cd is damaged. but to get those error-messages it's important that you turn the option "ignore bad sectors" or "ignore read-errors" OFF !because the copy-program has to show you the errors...

easy, or ?

cu in hell Cool Birra
tan_Gonarro=BH=
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

... or just simply copy the files from CD onto HDD and see if there are any errors during the process. This wolud be probably the fastest way of checkig if game cd is ok or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: