Rebirth Rebirth Expansion
Diablo Expansion: The Rebirth

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug with Belphegor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zenda
Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a little surprised to see that so many of you still use the CD, especially because lag is so important in PvP (which many here seem to enjoy). For me, the Diablo CD is too valuable to let CDROM devices mangle it, and I have it stored in a very safe place.

Anyway, to play the game from HD, you can just copy the DIABDAT.MPQ file to your Diablo folder, and use a modified STORM.DLL fire to bypass the check for the CD. This STORM.DLL should be easily found on the internet, or maybe Labiri can supply it.

Zenda
Rlyeh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

I don't have Rebirth installed at the moment, but why don't use no-cd form Ulmo's plugin? It's delivered with Rebirth.
I'll install mod and verify what I wrote.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Zenda wrote:
Hello,

I'm a little surprised to see that so many of you still use the CD, especially because lag is so important in PvP (which many here seem to enjoy). For me, the Diablo CD is too valuable to let CDROM devices mangle it, and I have it stored in a very safe place.

Anyway, to play the game from HD, you can just copy the DIABDAT.MPQ file to your Diablo folder, and use a modified STORM.DLL fire to bypass the check for the CD. This STORM.DLL should be easily found on the internet, or maybe Labiri can supply it.

Zenda

Hello Zenda, glad to see you here Smile
BTW, Rebirth's Storm.dll is already patched, so what is needed to do is just copy diabdat.mpq and change the registry key (or in the Downloads section of my website is provived a little application that automatically copies diabdat.mpq and change the right registry key).
That's easy enough I think Smile
Disciple

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Modifying the registry might be easy for you, but would you care to explain how to those not so familiar with modifying system files? IE: me.
NieSwiety
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Arty~ Diablo classic if from 1.1.1997
Endurio omg, if you dont know anything - dont give an advice. You can download diablo if you have an orginal copy, but if you use p2p programs like eMule, you shouldn't share anything, becouse THAT's illegal. My brother works in police departament who catch internet cheaters ;P (so, bewere! Very Happy).

Anyway: i dont know how is in other countries, but it fact is: If someone have scratched Diablo - he could download it without problems.

ps. my CD's is almost 10y.old and new one (another orginal) is hmmm 6-7 y.o. Buying another one would be a mistake Razz

Alamara, just hit "START" menu, than "run" and put "regedit" command into. Next you should go2 SYSYEM/HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/Softwere/blizzard entertainment/archives and double click at "Diablo CD" than change E (for expample) to patch.
LABiRi
Master Of The Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Alamara, you can find infos in the FAQ of the website, and also inside the "no-cd" application package available in the Downloads section, with detailed how-to.
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

NieSwiety wrote:
Arty~ Diablo classic if from 1.1.1997
Endurio omg, if you dont know anything - dont give an advice. You can download diablo if you have an orginal copy, but if you use p2p programs like eMule, you shouldn't share anything, becouse THAT's illegal. My brother works in police departament who catch internet cheaters ;P (so, bewere! Very Happy)

Oh in fact I do know something, because I've researched the matter, due to a bet with a friend^^. My daddy and my auntie and my uncle and my sister and my brother and my mother(^^) also work in a police office and I assure you, that the process of downloading something illegaly is...illegal? Fiskio No matter how many copies you have, you should contact customer's support 'in theory'.

I'd like to speak with your brother, maybe he can let me download some movies for free too?^^ Phone number? thx.

Just messing with you, but you do understand me point about legality, I hope Very Happy

Your Hariel.
NieSwiety
Dungeon Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

Endurio, give me call number to your mother. Thx

ps. do whatever you want mofo.
Endurio
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: (No subject) Reply with quote

NieSwiety wrote:
Endurio, give me call number to your mother. Thx

Yep, that should be legal. Though I'm worried, she's allergic to *** (censorship, T Y ).

NieSwiety wrote:
ps. do whatever you want mofo

Always. Don't need you to tell me that, 'mofo'. Very Happy

I'm allergic to texts like this up about stupidity, so watch out what r u talkin, eh? U can send some PMs about stupidity to him, but neither he's right - if u have a legal copy u can have another one "illegal".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebirth Expansion Forum Index -> Horadrim's Hall All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: